There are actually quite a few ailments that CBD oil can help with and some of them are chronic issues that other medications have not been able to help alleviate. Some of the most common ailments that people have had success treating with CBD oil include:
- Alzheimer’s: This disease is often seen as one that will progressively get worse and can greatly affect the sufferer. Several articles in newspapers and blogs over the years claim that CBD oil can help to prevent or treat Alzheimer’s disease. It is believed that by taking CBD oil, patients are able to regain some of their mental functioning.
- Smoking cessation: in one study, 24 smokers were randomly given an inhaler that either had a placebo or CBD. Participants were told to puff from the inhaler any time they wanted to have a cigarette. Throughout the next week, those who were on the placebo saw that they continued to consume the same cigarettes. But those who took CBD were able to see a 40 percent drop in how much they smoked.
- Diabetes: in one study, mice who were not obese but who were diabetic were given CBD. These mice were able to prevent their diabetes. The CBD was able to prevent the production of IL-12 by splenocytes. This is important because it can help to prevent a lot of autoimmune diseases as well.
- Fibromyalgia: some of the treatments that are common for fibromyalgia and other inflammatory conditions are often not effective and can have a lot of bad side effects. There was a study done in 2011 that focused on CBD treatment to help with fibromyalgia and there were a lot of promising results. Half of the participants were instructed to use CBD oil and the other half would use the traditional methods to help with this condition. Those that used the CBD saw that their pain and symptoms went way down, but those on the other medications didn’t see much improvement.
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): one of the nice things about using CBD is that it is able to reduce inflammation and even anxiety. The user will often calm down and feel better without all the bad side effects. Those who are dealing with PTSD will find that using CBD oil will greatly reduce their stress and anxiety. It can provide a better and more stable mental environment.
- Schizophrenia: according to a 2012 study that was published in Translational Psychiatry CBD and antipsychotic Amisulpride were compared in schizophrenia patients. Both of these treatments were effective for the patients, but the side effects of CBD were much less for most patients.
- Crohn’s Disease: there are many researchers that believe that CBD will be an effective treatment for some diseases such as Crohn’s Disease. CBD and THC are able to interact with the gut functions in the body. Since CBD is anti-inflammatory, it is a great relief for anyone who is suffering from this condition.
- Multiple Sclerosis: according to scientists from the Cajal Institute, it was found that CBD was able to reverse some of the inflammation responses that happen in the body and it would serve well to help protect form the effects of multiple sclerosis. Mice that were given CBD oil for 10 days had much better motor skills and showed a lot of progression with this condition. It is believed because of these studies that patients who were dealing with multiple sclerosis would see some relief as well.
As you can see, there are a lot of different conditions that you are able to improve when it comes to using CBD oil. These are just a few of the ones that have been studied so far, even though some are just in animal studies. But over time, as more people start to learn about CBD oil and use it for their health conditions, there will be more evidence of how well CBD oil can work and other things that it can improve.